Enjoy a healthy, dairy-free alternative to yogurt with this raspberry parfait recipe.
The dairy allergy is one of the most common food allergies in children. Fortunately, most children outgrow this, but those who don’t may need to continue to avoid milk products. Symptoms of a dairy allergy will differ from person to person, but hives, wheezing, and vomiting are the most common. Unlike an allergy, dairy (or lactose) intolerance doesn’t involve the immune system, and causes different symptoms, such as bloating, gas, or diarrhea.
Whether you have a sensitivity to dairy or not, Teri has created a fabulous recipe that’s great for everyone. The base for this parfait is tofu, but if you’re not a fan of soy, you can use soaked and blended cashews or almonds.
Non-Dairy Raspberry Parfait
- ½ cup tofu
- ½ cup raspberries, semi-frozen
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup chia seed cereal
- 1 teaspoon lemon honey
- Begin by adding the base to a blender mug
- Add tofu, raspberries, lime juice.
- Blend until desired consistency (you may need to add some almond milk for moisture)
- Stir in lemon honey, or another sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit. Give it a blend, then transfer to a bowl. Add chia cereal or your favorite seeds and fruits, such as buckwheat, raisins, or apples. Give it a stir, garnish it up, let it sit at least 30 minutes, and enjoy.