Mocha Protein Fat Bombs
Article Published on Oct 04, 2017
If you’re on a low-carb diet and need a little energy, these sweet treat mocha protein fat bombs are exactly what you need!
You’re going to love these decadent, rich protein packed balls. They can be made with a variety of different nuts and coatings. You can vary the nuts and seeds with this recipe. You can also coat them with cacao, carob, or coconut. If either of these two is not your thing, you can keep them nude and enjoy them just the same.
So, when that sweet tooth hits, give this recipe a go, and let us know what you think.
Mocha Protein Fat Bombs
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- ½ scoop of Mocha Warrior Blend Protein
- 1 teaspoon raw cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 6 to 8 drops vanilla Lakanto Monkfruit liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoons Lakanto Monkfruit golden sweetener
- 1–2 teaspoons non-alcoholic vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ raw cacao powder
- Soak all nuts the night before (8 hours) to remove enzyme inhibitors for better digestion. Rinse well. Place in a dehydrator for 10 to 12 hours. This helps them get their crunch back (If you do not have a dehydrator, skip this step and use nuts as is).
- Place hazelnuts, walnuts, and pecans in a food processor, process until the nuts turn into a flour-like consistency. Add the remainder of the ingredients and process all the ingredients until it starts to stick together.
- Remove from the food processor and place the ingredients in a bowl. Knead slightly making sure that all the dough sticks together. Shape into one large ball.
- Place raw cacao powder or coconut in a small Ziplock bag and set aside.
- Roll the fat bomb dough into 1-inch size balls. Roll larger if you want them a bigger size.
- Place a few at a time into the Ziplock bag with cacao or coconut and toss to coat.
- Once all the fat bombs are coated with either cacao or coconut, place them in an airtight container and put them in the freezer for at least an hour. The longer you keep them in the freezer, the better they taste.
- Enjoy your treat!!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.