Feed your guests something healthy for the holidays with this superfood Holiday Kale & Brussels Sprout Salad!
Crisp and hearty Brussels sprouts meet a pop of Mediterranean sweetness with this superfood holiday salad. You can enjoy this as a side dish to add holiday colors, a taste of home, and some solid nutrition to any Christmas dinner! Kale and Brussels sprouts are of the cruciferous vegetable variety that bring plant-based protein, vitamins, minerals and plenty fiber to the table. Even people who think they don’t like Brussels sprouts are bound to be tempted by the smell of the pecans roasting. Once this dish is dressed to the nines in the citrus Dijon dressing, you and your guests will feel like Warriors.
Kale & Brussels Sprout Salad with Pomegranates
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch dino kale
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- ½ teaspoon zest and juice from ¾ orange
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare:
- Remove any dirty or brown leaves, and cut any rough, woody ends from the Brussels sprouts and very carefully use a mandolin slicer or attachment on a food processor to slice the Brussels sprouts lengthwise.
- Wash and pat dry the kale and remove the stalks by carefully cutting along each side with a paring knife. Stack the kale leaves and thinly slice them into ¼ inch strips. Toss into a bowl with the Brussels sprouts.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Melt the coconut oil and pour it over the pecan pieces. Mix until every piece is coated and then spread them out on a cookie sheet. Bake for 4–6 minutes, turning the pecans once, until they are toasted and aromatic.
- To prepare the dressing, combine the dijon, agave, orange juice, and zest in a blender and turn it on low. Slowly drizzle the olive oil in to allow it to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the salad, drizzle the desired amount of dressing on the Brussels sprouts and kale and toss until everything is coated. Plate by nestling the superfood greens in a bowl and top with the (cooled) toasted pecans and pomegranate arils.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.