Protein-Rich Coconut Mushroom Soup:rnOrganic Vegan Superfood Recipe
In this hilarious, informative and entertaining recipe demo, celebrity vegan chef and TV host Jason Wrobel, aka J-Wro, shows us how to turn regular mushrooms into a protein-rich, savory, and creamy soup. This meal will keep you warm, full, and happy on even the coldest winter day, but it's perfect for any time of year too!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon organic gluten-free tamari or namashoryu or coconut aminos
- 3 cups coconut milk (or according to desired consistency)
- 1 heaping scoop Warrior Blend natural protein
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked Hungarian paprika (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Spritz of olive oil
- Melt coconut oil in a warm pan over low heat.
- Add red onion and sauté until just slightly translucent, about 5–6 minutes. Keep on a low temperature to avoid scalding and browning onions.
- Add mushrooms and tamari.
- Cook about 10–15 minutes, until mushrooms are super soft.
- Pour coconut milk into soup pot and add Warrior Blend protein. Heat on low.
- Add cooked mushrooms and onions to coconut protein mixture.
- Stir continually over low heat until you get gentle rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and add pepper, paprika, parsley, and olive oil.
- Stir and serve in bowl.
- Top with more parsley and paprika. Enjoy!
Diet type: Vegan
Number of servings (yield): 4
These mushrooms are going to taste delicious when they're done!
Here's the finished Coconut Mushroom Soup. Doesn't it look delicious?
Ooooh. Jason's just tasted the soup and he is excited to eat more! Give it a try yourself with this awesome recipe and video.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.