Homemade Quinoa Bowls
Article Published on Feb 28, 2018
Hearty, healthy and healing, these homemade quinoa bowls are loaded with the ingredients to nurture you!
This might be one of my favorite things to make because it’s hearty, healthy and healing. My quinoa bowls are loaded with power-house ingredients that nurture the body. The best part is that if you make this recipe in bulk, you will have a week’s worth of nutrient packed-lunches or dinners ready to go. One bite of this and you’ll be wondering why you haven’t made Quinoa Bowls sooner!
Homemade Quinoa Bowls
- 1 cup spinach lettuce
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 roasted sweet potato
- 1/3 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1 handful chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Optional: Avocado
- Your favorite dressing
- Bring half a cup of quinoa and 1 cup of low sodium vegetable broth to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes until fluffy and then remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Thinly slice the sweet potato and throw into a bowl.
- Drizzle the sweet potatoes with olive oil (until lightly moistened), 1 ½ teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt and black pepper. Mix all together.
- Roast in the oven for about 25–35 minutes, mixing occasionally. (note - ovens do vary so be sure to check that the sweet potatoes are not burning).
- Turn off oven for just a couple minutes so that it cools down before your next batch of roasting.
- Now preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse your chickpeas and thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- Toss chickpeas with olive oil (just a touch to drizzle them with) and pink Himalayan sea salt
- Roast in the oven for 20–30 minutes, until slightly hardened.
- Remove from oven and toss in a bowl with turmeric and pepper (as little or as much as you please).
- Coat the bottom of a bowl with your spinach lettuce
- Add sweet potato chips, roasted chickpeas, quinoa, and sliced cherry tomatoes around the edge of your bowl.
- Scoop the hummus in the center of your bowl and place the chopped celery next to it
- Add your favorite dressing and mix well. I recommend a light balsamic vinaigrette or a lemon garlic. (Tessemae’s All Natural is a great sugar-free and organic brand, available at Whole Foods or your local health food store)
- Optional: Add avocado
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.