Article Published on Jan 15, 2018
School and work are tiring and hard sometimes. You need something delicious and healthy to recharge without sacrificing taste. That's where Sunwarrior comes in with granola bars!
Granola bars are an easy go-to favorite at our house. These delicious granola bars are loaded with healthy fats like peanut or almond butter. Oats are the main ingredient of granola bars which are also chock full of dietary fiber, protein, potassium, and iron. These granola bars will keep your kids (and you) fuller longer.
Granola bars are so delicious and versatile. You can add any dry fruit like raisins, raspberries or blueberries. Or add some coconut flakes, just make sure you take the same amount of oats out, so the granola bars don’t fall apart.
So, have fun and mix up some granola bars up for you and your kids. You won't regret it.
- 6 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup apple juice or water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1–½ cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup flax seed
- ¼ cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup craisins or other dried fruit
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic Plus vanilla protein
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss the oats, oil, and salt together. Spread mixture out on two large baking sheets and toast in oven for about 15 minutes. Watch them carefully; they can burn quickly. Stir about halfway through. Once the oats are done, let the oats cool down a bit on the baking sheets.
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees.
- In a medium-sized pot, add maple syrup, peanut butter, apple juice, and molasses and heat through. Mix in vanilla.
- Pour oats into the large bowl. Add the crispy rice, flaxseed, and almonds. Pour maple syrup mixture over oat mixture and mix well. Add craisins, chocolate chips, and Sunwarrior Classic Plus vanilla protein.
- Press into a large baking sheet. I usually take a measuring cup or regular cup and press firmly. If it isn’t pressed firmly, it will be tasty granola without the bar!
- Bake for 20 to 25 mins or until light golden brown. Cool completely then cut or break into bars or pieces.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.