Article Published on Mar 10, 2016
Edamame is a super fun treat, but it’s so much more than a little sea salt side-dish. Edamame makes great hummus. Don’t believe us? Try it for yourself!
- 2 cups cooked, shelled organic edamame beans
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped or minced ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon ground dry ginger
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine the edamame, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, tamari, sesame oil, and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- With the motor still running, slowly add the water and sea salt until the desired consistency is reached.
- Put the dip in a bowl and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds (if desired) and a few drops of sesame oil. Serve with brown-rice crackers.
Benefits of Edamame:
- Helps with depression
- Increases fertility
- Boosts energy level
- Increases bone mineral
- Helps with cardiovascular disease
- Less chance of obtaining age-related brain diseases
Make sure to always get organic and non GMO edamame either shelled or unshelled where available.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.