Most people eat a lot more calories than they burn during exercise. For example, it might take you an hour to burn 300 calories but all it takes is you eating 1 donut to add those calories back and, unfortunately, those calories not used for energy production are stored as fat which might result in weight gain.
The main point is that you MUST reduce your caloric intake in addition to exercise in order to successfully lose weight and keep it off. The question, however, is how you can do this and not starve yourself or feel hungry.
Below are 5 tips to help you cut calories to lose weight that will not leave you feeling hungry.
- Add Protein to Your Diet: Protein is used to build and repair your body’s tissues and structures. It also creates a feeling of satiety (the sensation of being full). If you feel full, you will eat less.
- Drink More Water: When in doubt drink more water. Approximately 60% of the adult human body is water. Consuming an adequate amount of water will help distribute nutrients throughout the body and improve metabolic function. This will help your body burn fat more efficiently. To determine how much water you should drink daily, take your body weight (in pounds) and divide it by two. This is the minimum amount of water in ounces that you should drink daily.
- Avoid Very Low Calorie Diets: The truth is you need food to provide your body with energy and essential nutrients needed for weight loss. Most nutrition experts say that consuming less than 1,200 calories per day may be too low for an active or very large person. If you must eat calories under this level make sure you are under professional supervision.
- Eat More Meals: You should schedule 4-6 meals per day to help control hunger, minimize blood sugar fluctuations, and increase energy levels throughout the day. Make sure these meals are small portions full of healthy choices.
- Reduce Saturated Fat: You should consume less than 10% of saturated fat each day. Saturated fats can be found in meat, poultry, lard, butter, cheese, cream, eggs, whole milk, and certain oils like coconut oil and palm oil.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.