In this vegan recipe video, Jason Wrobel shows you how to make a dish that nods back to his early days of culinary school.
Get ready for a raw vegan linguini alfredo with white truffle cream that will set the butterflies in your stomach a fluttering. This is a simple, easy to make recipe, but the delicious complexity of flavors will make people think you slaved over it for hours.
Creamy Truffle Alfredo Linguine
- ½ cup pine nuts, soaked for 2 hours in filtered water and drained
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours in filtered water and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon truffle salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or favorite sweetener
- 1 tablespoon Sunwarrior Immune Shield
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Soak water from mushrooms below
- 1 to 2 cups kelp noodles
- 1 tablespoon seaweed gomasio
- 1 teaspoon nori flakes
- ¼ cup kombu, soaked and diced
- 1 heaping cup julienned roma tomatoes
- ½ cup julienned yellow pepper
- ¼ cup julienned red onion
- 1 ounce porcini mushrooms, soaked and drained (soak water used in sauce)
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh minced
- A little parsley, fresh minced (1/8 cup each serving)
- Sprinkle black pepper
- Get your blender out to start your white truffle cream sauce.
- Add all the sauce ingredients up to the soak water together, then add the secret ingredient while you blend. The secret is using the soak liquid from your mushrooms to get that sauce to the perfect consistency.
- Now for the noodles. Add all the pasta ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix that all together and gradually add in the creamy sauce.
- Plate it. Garnish it with parsley and enjoy your raw, creamy, savory meal. Don’t let the crazy goodness overwhelm you. It may be difficult!