Cool Coffee Ice Cream
Article Published on Jul 17, 2015
Jason Wrobel shows you how to whip up your own cool coffee ice cream at home this summer.
This creamy, dreamy, and delicious recipe is perfect for this hot, sticky, muggy, toasty time of year to help you cool off in style.
Dairy free, vegan, gluten free, and loaded with superfoods, this dessert has it all. It’s also easy to make with your blender; no need to drive to the fancy ice cream shop and fork out a ton of dough.
Cool Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 and ½ cups soaked cashews
- 1 cup cold brew mocha concentrate
- ½ cup Lakanto
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Classic Plus vanilla protein
- 1 heaping tablespoon ground coffee
- Just start with a non-dairy milk, choosing your favorite or mixing a few together. Add soaked cashews and some mocha concentrate, or you can use cold coffee of your make and choosing too.
- Lakanto (monk fruit) is your first sweetener. It’s natural, has zero calories, and tastes as good as sugar. Organic vanilla extract enhances that sweetness and rounds out the bitter notes out of your coffee.
- A good fat source is key to a good ice cream, but we want healthy sources, so J-Wro breaks out the extra virgin coconut oil, which is good for your heart, brain, and your body in so many ways.
- Cinnamon, cardamom, and mineral rich sea salt join the mix.
- Sunwarrior’s new Classic Plus vanilla protein is a great addition at this point. It will add some extra protein to your ice cream and it has a creamy, delicious vanilla flavor.
- Blend this all up and get a good amount of air flowing through the mix to make it smooth and creamy.
- Pour this goodness into your ice cream maker and sprinkle in some ground coffee for more flavor and to make the ice cream look amazing when you dish it up. Let it do its thing for about 45 minutes, or however long your ice cream maker needs. The wait will be worth it.
- Stick it in the freezer for a bit to firm it up and then enjoy every last spoonful, and try to share with your friends.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.