In this vegan recipe video, Jason Wrobel shows you how to wrap your chickpeas in style.
These vegan chickpea tuna wraps are so good J-Wro couldn’t help but steal them from his mother. Shhhhh, don’t tell, or Jason ends up behind bars (not really, his mom knows full well and approves of her son’s recipe habits). Easy, delicious, and simple, just follow along while Jason breaks it all down for you.
Chickpea "Tuna" Wraps
- 2 fifteen ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup scallions, finely diced
- 1/8 cup dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons dulse or nori flakes
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- ½ to ¾ cup non-dairy mayonnaise
- 1 capful Immune Shield
- Swiss chard leaves
Optional wrap additions:
- Red bell pepper
- Start with the chickpeas, adding them to your food processor or blender right out the gate. Be careful not to over process these guys. You want tuna, not hummus. Pulse it until it is the right amount of chunky, almost like a flaky fish would be.
- Set that aside in a large mixing bowl while you work on the rest.
- You need some fresh veggies in that sandwich/wrap.
- What kind of tuna salad you expect to make without celery? Whatever a celery-less tuna salad is, we don’t want that abomination in our kitchen. Add that to you tuna.
- Scallions and minced dill go in with them. Seaweed adds a hint of authentic fish flavor. Seaweed also adds some natural organic sodium and trace minerals.
- A little sea salt will help tie all these flavors together along with some ground pepper.
- You aren’t done yet. A little hint of tarty sweetness in a savory dish can do wonders in adding complexity to your meal, so Jason is going to add some dill pickle relish. You could use bread and butter chips or your favorite pickle here though.
- Now for the creaminess you want with some vegan mayonnaise.
- Lastly Jason adds a little Sunwarrior Immune Shield for extra tang, more minerals, and a boost to the immune system.
- Get your forearm ready, cause the mixing is about to begin. It will quickly begin to look and smell exactly like tuna salad.
Your sandwich/wrap is ready for its own fixings now like avocado, lettuce, red bell pepper, tomatoes, or anything else you like in there.
J-Wro wraps it up in swiss chard, but you can use many other wraps. Enjoy this light, summery recipe, super peeps!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.