Article Published on Sep 10, 2018
Fast, easy, and cool, this chickpea salad is everything you need for lunch on those hot summer afternoons or for picnic dinners!
Chickpea Salad is one of my absolute favorite (and easiest) meals to make. It literally takes 15 minutes to make: no cooking required! I’m weird when it comes to cooking. My favorite part of the whole process is chopping vegetables. Sure, the cooking part can be cool, but I love taking my sweet time, cutting and chopping each little vegetable perfectly and with all my love!
You’re going to love Chickpea Salad. It’s all about the cutting and chopping of the vegetables! Not only is it a great, easy to make a snack, but it also has many great benefits for your body. Chickpeas, otherwise known as Garbanzo beans, are packed with all those little vitamins people often forget about- vitamin K, folate, manganese, choline (what the heck is that?), zinc, copper, and phosphorus. In addition to those small vitamins and minerals, they also contain high levels of iron, magnesium, and vitamin b-6. Chickpeas are your go-to source for fiber and protein in a vegan diet or even a gluten-free diet.
I find my favorite way to eat Chickpea Salad is like a dip- with some corn tortilla chips. If I don’t do that, I either eat it by itself like a salad, or even make it into a sandwich, using some whole grain bread, Chao Vegan cheese, and sprouts. Enjoy!
- 1 large can (15oz) of Low-Sodium Chickpeas (Westbrae Natural)
- 1 ¼ cups Soy-Free Vegenaise
- ¼ cup baby dill pickles
- ¼ cup unsalted black olives
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 stalks of green onion
- ½ medium-sized green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drain and Rinse your chickpeas and put into a large mixing bowl (smash the chickpeas just a little bit with a meat tenderizer or potato masher).
- Add the Vegenaise, seasonings, and herbs into the bowl with chickpeas- Stir. Add seasoning to taste.
- I also like to do just a small splash of the olive juice and pickle juice into the mix. Yum!
- Dice the olives and pickles into small cubes- add to mix. Stir.
- Dice the bell pepper, red onion, and green onion- add to mix.
- Mix it all together, and you’re done—just like that!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.