Chickpea Coconut Dip
Article Published on Jun 20, 2016
You’ve got apple slices and want a sweet dip but don’t want the guilt. This chickpea coconut dip is a guilt free way to satisfy the sweet tooth.
Being vegan, chickpeas are a common staple in every household. We use them on salads, when we make hummus, and in a variety of soups. This recipe is different! It’s a treat to tempt your taste buds when that sweet craving comes along! It’s quick and easy, so grab your blender or food processor, and relax with a guilt free snack.
This recipe is also very versatile, so you can substitute and create your own creations!
Chickpea Coconut Dip
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained, rinsed and shells removed (this is about 1 can’s worth)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼-½ cup coconut milk (your preference on sweet or unsweet)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ? cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ? cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. The most time consuming part of this recipe is removing the shell off the chickpea. This is not difficult to do, it just takes about 5 minutes. The easiest way I’ve found is after you strain and rinse your chickpeas, hold one between your thumb and forefinger and slightly pinch. The chickpea will fall into your desired bowl and you can discard the shell. This step gives you a better texture.
2. When chickpeas are all ready, place them into your blender or food processor and give a quick blend just to get it started.
3. Add the almond butter, agave, and vanilla to your mixture.
4. Add the coconut milk in a little at a time until you have reached your own desired consistency. Since we are aiming for a dip, you want it to still be a little thick.
5. Once desired consistency is achieved, place into bowl and add in chips, cranberries and coconut flakes.
Serve with sliced apples for a sweet healthy treat! Dip away!
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.