Carrot Protein Cake
Article Published on Oct 02, 2018
A perfect combination of ingredients and cozy spices that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth and nourish your body. For breakfast, post workout or after dinner “guilt-free” dessert.
This carrot protein cake feeds the soul. Need to add more vegetables to your diet? Adding a little grated carrot to your dessert will do the trick. Keep in mind that vegan protein powder will create a more crumbly texture due to its absorbance. A low fat, low calorie, low carb and high protein cake that is also gluten-free and healthy.
Carrot Protein Cake
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Approximately 2 scoops Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 flax eggs
- ½ cup vegan nonfat Greek yogurt (plain)
- ½ cup cashew milk (or any nut milk of your choosing)
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave
- 1 cup peeled and freshly grated carrots
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
*Optional ½ cup pecans
*Optional vanilla creme stevia
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Lightly coat a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the coconut flour, Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein, and spices together (cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt)
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, flax eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Next, add the Greek yogurt and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add in the pure maple syrup and stir.
- Add the coconut flour and alternate between the flour mixture and the nut milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture and stir.
- Let the batter sit for approximately 10–12 minutes.
- Gently fold in the freshly grated carrots.
- Pour in pan and bake for 8 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, and continue baking for an additional 20–22 minutes, or until the tops are firm and golden.
- Let cool, and enjoy
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.