Article Published on Feb 08, 2018
Forget your soy allergy because there are options to have your tofu and eat it, too! This Burmese tofu shows you the way be teaching you to make your own soy-free!
Many people have soy allergies, and some may not even know it! For me being vegan, I discovered I have an allergy to soy, too! I had been regularly eating many foods my body has a sensitivity to. My Natural Healing Doctor ultimately found that I had fungi in one of my intestines and that fungi feeds off of many things, but especially fermented foods like soy, kombucha, and sauerkraut. As a vegan, I consumed soy products daily: tofu, tempeh, liquid aminos, and edamame. Fungi also feeds off sugar and vinegar, which didn’t help since I was consuming apple cider vinegar daily! Once I began an entire protocol to kill off this fungus, my body looked and completely felt different!
So, whether or not you have a sensitivity to soy like me, I hope you enjoy this completely soy-free and fermented-free tofu, knowing that it still contains all the protein for those plant-based gains! So here is a recipe where you can still indulge with tofu because its 100% soy-free. It serves eight people and is ready in fifteen minutes!
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 6 cups water divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- *optional ½ teaspoon seasonings of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika or turmeric
- In a medium saucepan, take 3 of the cups of water and bring to boil in a saucepan.
- Take a mixing bowl and whisk the flour with desired seasonings and salt. Then add the rest of the measured water and thoroughly mix.
- Once completely combined, add mixture to boiling water and continue to which for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- After the 5 minutes, the mixture should have thickened up and transfer to either a loaf pan or an 8 X 8 baking dish.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.