You don’t need to be worried about munching on this healthy snack. This black bean dip is ready to enjoy!
Black beans are not only delicious, but offer many health benefits! They aid digestive health with their high levels of protein and fiber. Black beans regulate the body’s blood sugar levels by helping digestion continue to flow at a steady rate. These yummy beans also contain high concentrations of soluble fiber, which lower blood cholesterol and increase your cardiovascular health.
Avocados are anti-inflammatory and a very low-carb and low-sugar food. They fall low on the glycemic index, therefore regulating your blood sugar levels! Avocadoes are the “good” kind of fat that you actually should consume regularly. They improve the appearance and health of your skin and hair, and they’re great to keep your brain running quickly and clearly. They help make this recipe smooth and creamy.
Dulse is a sea veggie full of minerals and vitamins, being a particularly good source of iodine, and it even has protein too! A little is all you need to get all the health benefits and the taste. It acts as a healthy salt in this recipe and really enhances the flavor of the dish.
Black Bean Dip
What’s In It?
- 1 cup cooked or 1 can black beans, drained (reserve liquid in bowl)
- ½ to 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dulse granules
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive or olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
How It’s Made:
- In a food processor, puree beans. Add cumin, garlic, salt, dulse granules, lime or lemon juice, olive or olive oil, and reserved liquid from beans.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add avocado and chopped veggies and pulse a few times until all ingredients are well combined.
- Served with raw veggies or triangles of sprouted flax tortilla—they can be lightly toasted until crispy like chips.