Beet & Coconut Whip Ice Cream Bars
Article Published on Apr 28, 2016
When you need a snack that replenishes those nutrients lost during a workout, you will want these beet & coconut whip ice cream bars!
Beets purify the blood which helps cleanse the body and are high in vitamins A, B, and C and in folic acids. Beets contain tryptophan and betaine that act as natural antidepressants and lower blood pressure. And beets were also used by the ancient Romans as a natural aphrodisiac. Later science discovered that the effect obtained was caused by high quantities of Boron.
As fitness-gurus know, beets are the number one “go-to” super root vegetable when it comes to juicing and smoothies, so why not make them into a nice flavorful ice cream snack? Married beets with coconut-based whip cream and plenty of Sunwarrior protein and you’ve got a healthy snack filled with protein benefits and great flavor!
Beet & Coconut Whip Ice-Cream Bars
- 3 scoops Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 3 scoops Sunwarrior Warrior Blend natural protein
- 3 scoops Sunwarrior Classic Plus vanilla protein
- 2¾ cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 1¼ cups chopped beets
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder
- 1 teaspoon grounded vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
1. Combine the protein powders, cashew milk, chopped beets, lucuma powder, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Next, gather the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to make the coconut-based whip cream.
3. Once the coconut whip cream is made, spoon in dollops of the whip cream in an ice-cream mold followed by layers of the beet ice-cream mix.
4. Layer the ice cream and the coconut whip cream so they are spread evenly throughout as you would if you were making a parfait.
5. Store ice-cream mold in the freezer and freeze for about 12 hours.
6. Remove from the freezer and eat your beets!
If you like my recipe email Kaz.
Itadakimasu! ~ Enjoy!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.