Carpe diem with this Aztec Chocolate No Bake Chocolate Cake, flavor so decadent, you’ll forget all the nutritional benefits it offers!
Time: about 30-40 minutes and Serves 2
No Bake Chocolate Cake
Dry ingredients to whisk together in bowl
- ½ unbleached flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 1/3 tablespoons Sunwarrior Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/3 tablespoons Sunwarrior Slim Collagen Builder Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of chili powder, optional
Wet ingredients to mix together in a separate large mixing bowl
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Sunwarrior Coconut Milk Powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
Ganache topping Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (can make using Sunwarrior Coconut Milk Powder)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients to make a smooth batter. Heat a heavy skillet pan over medium/low heat. Place a round metal cookie cutter in the bottom of the pan and spray with coconut oil spray. Pour enough batter into the can or cutter to make about ½ inch layer. Cover with a lid and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Using tongs remove the cookie cutter form and flip the "pancake" cooking another 2-3 minutes. Continue doing this with all the batter. You can do this without the circle "molds," but it will be a little drier.
Ganache ~ heat the coconut milk and maple syrup until you can start to see smoke or steam. Turn the heat off and add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Let sit for a few minutes before using. Pour or spoon ganache over the cakes and stack them on top of each other.
This recipe makes 2 mini cakes with 3 layers each. It is super YUMMY and dense, almost a little like a brownie, and VERY decadent.