The avocado fat-bomb wins for a chocolate treat that is vegan and keto friendly! You’re welcome!
What better way to show the ones you love that you love them than with a dessert that’s actually good for their health?
With the emergence of high-fat diets such as keto and paleo, there has been an influx of “fat bombs” on the market. Many people are experimenting with ditching the carbohydrates and replacing them with healthy fats such as avocado, nuts, seeds, and healthy oils like coconut. The reasoning is that fats keep you satiated longer than carbohydrates. Healthy fats will not make you gain weight, but eating heavily saturated fats such as fried foods and ice cream will. Healthy fats can give you that boost of energy needed to sustain you through the day.
These avocado fat-bombs are very simple to make. They take all of 20 minutes from start to finish without having to bake them. All you need to do is pop them in the fridge, and you are all set. This recipe is gluten free, low carb, guilt-free, and vegan. These avocado fat-bombs are oh so yummy!
The key to getting the exterior of these avocado fat-bombs are the molds. I bought a half-dome chocolate mold which I found at a bulk food store. They are made of silicone, so it’s easy to pop the chocolates in and out. These are available in various shapes and sizes so if you don't love a half dome, you can opt for a square or a heart! Make sure to spray the mold with coconut oil before pouring the first layer of chocolate in, just to ensure it doesn't stick.
Avocado Fat Bombs
- ½ cup vegan chocolate
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1 tablespoon cocoa butter or coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons Sunwarrior Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- Spray your silicone baking molds with nonstick spray or rub with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Melt ½ cup vegan chocolate. Stir until completely melted. Stir in coconut.
- Carefully pour chocolate into the mold, making sure to spread the chocolate all the way up to the lid of the mold. You want the entire base to be covered to create a shell. Pop into the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, place avocado, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, protein, monk fruit sweetener, and salt in a food processor. Mix until smooth
- Remove mold from the fridge. Pour avocado mixture into each mold. Return to the fridge for 30 minutes
- Melt remaining ½ cup chocolate. Pour chocolate on top of avocado mixture and smooth out with a spoon. Return to the fridge for 45 minutes to set.
- Carefully remove chocolates from mold and place in the fridge.