Everyone craves some noodles once in a while! This versatile recipe is a great base for experimenting with “zoodles” or “zucchini noodles” for those who aren’t as familiar. You can add any additional vegetables you would like – broccoli and mushrooms are some good ideas, and feel free to add nuts or other toppings to garnish that you wish! The sauce can be made stronger by adding more almond butter or coconut aminos if you’d like. If you are not worried about staying low-carb, some maple syrup can be added to the mix as well. This will satisfy most dietary preferences including gluten free, dairy free, low carb, and vegan. I experimented with almond butter instead of peanuts to make the recipe paleo friendly as well.
Vegan Asian Almond Zoodles
Article Published on Feb 21, 2019
Zoodles with Almond Sauce: this is everything that is awesome about dinner. Asian style: vegan, gluten-free, paleo, keto, and tasty!
Asian Almond Zoodles
- 2 large zucchinis (or 2 cups already spiralized)
- 1 large carrot cut into thin slices or ‘noodles’
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ lime (freshly squeezed juice)
- ½ lemon (freshly squeezed juice)
- ¼ cup almonds or sesame seeds for garnish
- ** Feel free to add any additional vegetables or toppings you desire!
- Spiralize, or cut zucchini into noodles, if not already sliced.
- Heat sesame oil and your choice of avocado or olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the peppers, carrots, and onions.
- Next, add the zucchini noodles to the skillet. Be sure to move the noodles around so they are evenly cooked.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl, and then pour into the skillet. Mix together well.
- Remove from the heat and portion out servings. Add toppings or garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.