Apple Pie No Bakes
Article Published on May 13, 2016
Take your apple a day to a whole new level with these apple pie no-bake bars! Full of flavor, these snacks are so good you’ll forget they’re healthy!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away: the saying makes an apple sound like a tedious chore. But in reality the apple is a flavor-filled sack lunch packed by nature. It tastes great, gives you those great benefits that make apples a truly fabulous fruit.
Apples help cleanse your mouth. They also contain pectin, which helps control odors. They are high in fiber, which increases heart health and reduces cholesterol. Whether you’re eating them because they’re healthy or because they’re great-tasting, you should stick to the doctors orders and have one a day! Or maybe two.
Apple Pie No Bakes
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup either almond or peanut butter
- ¼ cup either honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 2/3 cup dried chopped apples
- ¼ cup of either chopped almonds or peanuts (Depends on what kind of nut butter you used)
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spices
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Melt the first four ingredients (coconut oil, nut butter, honey or agave, and vanilla) in a sauce pan, and stir until blended. Add in all the other ingredients, and stir until all coated.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper that has been greased with coconut oil. Pour contents of saucepan into baking dish. Press everything down into bottom of baking dish. Place in the fridge for a few minutes to set.
- While that sets up, use a double boiler to melt the white chips. Spread out over the top on the bars. Put back in fridge to set again while melting the dark chocolate.
- Remove the pan and gently remove the whole pan-sized spread and carefully turn over. Pour the dark chocolate on the bars and let chill again to set.
- Cut in to bars or squares and ENJOY.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge, that is, if there are any.
Makes approximately 15–20 bars
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.