9 Sneaky Ways to More Avocado! Plus Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding!
Article Published on Apr 25, 2017
Getting avocado in your diet is easy! The avocado is so versatile, you can even hide it in pudding. Here are nine ways to sneak avocado in your diet, plus a recipe!
If avocado was a person, he would be “the man.” You know: the boss, the chief, the coolest dude of them all. Why? Because he gets along with anyone, and everyone just loves him. He doesn’t steal the show by being the life of the party, but he’s the kind of guy you always want around because he just makes every situation better.
But avocado actually isn’t a guy; it’s a fruit (a fruit?! Yeah, avocado's technically a fruit!). And because avocado is so awesome, I love to add it to just about everything!
- Avos are filling! Their fat provides long-burning fuel which will keep you satiated longer which helps prevent you from binging on unhealthy stuff later.
- Avocados are a good source of B3 which can help stabilize your blood sugar and keep you from craving and caving for sugary stuff.
- Avocados contain a loooot of fiber which helps lubricate the digestive tract and keep you more “regular,” wink, wink.
- Avocados have some of that tryptophan (you know, that stuff that makes you tired after eating the Thanksgiving turkey), which can encourage us to relax more by supporting the release of serotonin!
- Avocados nourish and moisturize skin and help us maintain youthful and glowing spa-day-everyday skin. They also provide a solid source of silicon which can assist in anti-aging efforts.
Are you sold?! Yeah, hard not to be. Now, here are nine fantastic ways to sneak “the man” into all sorts of daily dishes.
- Spread avocado on toast in place of butter! (Add a sprinkle of salt or a drizzle of hot sauce.)
- Use avocado in sandwiches and wraps to healthfully replace the texture of mayo or cheese.
- Blend avocado into sauces, pestos or dressings to thicken them up without needed oils.
- Dice avocado and add it to salads for substance!
- Blend avocado into smoothies to up their creamy texture. (Great if you're avoiding sugar and don't want banana to be the texture-maker.)
- Roll avocado into sushi. (Or order an avocado veggie roll if you're out.)
- Mix avocado into dips to make them smoother and more filling.
- MAKE GUAC! (Ok, this is hardly "sneaking" avocado in, but I couldn't write about enjoying avocado without guacamole! This is my go-to guac recipe: http://www.partyinmyplants.com/perfect-guacamole/)
- Sneak avocado into homemade chocolate pudding! Seriously. You'll never know. Here's my recipe for creamy, dreamy chocolate avocado pudding:
Dreamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 1 ripe avocado, green flesh scooped out
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Throw all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process this bad boy until smooth. Scrape down the sides periodically to make sure every little bit of goodness gets included.
- Portion into two serving bowls and let ‘em chill out in the fridge for at least twenty minutes.
- Serve! And then drop your jaw in awe at how good this weird sounding dessert is!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.