6 easy tips are all you need to improve your complexion so you are always putting on your best, healthiest face!
We all want healthy skin that glows, doesn’t flake, and just looks good: day or night and with or without makeup. Unfortunately, healthy skin doesn’t happen overnight, but you can achieve an improvement in your skin over several days of treating your skin well. Here are my top 6 ways to achieve a healthy complexion
1. Sunscreen. There are certified organic sunscreens available. Some people think that only fair-skinned people need to wear sunscreen. False! The sun can damage your skin regardless of your skin color. UVA rays cause wrinkles and can contribute to skin cancer, while UVB rays create a nice burn, which damages your skin.
2. Drink Water. Water is a wonderful way to detox your body and flush out impurities. Water helps create a foundation for healthy, supple skin from the inside out.
3. Healthy Diet and Exercise. Eating a healthy diet full of fruits and veggies can aid in making your skin glow. Maintaining an exercise routine, whether it’s in a gym or getting your cardio outdoors, exercise is a great way to keep you healthy from the inside out. Sweating helps purge your skin of impurities to keep it healthy and glowing.
Healthy Skin Through Exercise
Your complexion and you body can benefit from exercise. Remove any guesswork by signing up for Sunwarrior’s Fitness Challenge. Custom workouts and meal plans just for you.
4.Topical Vitamins. A little extra nourishment can make a dramatic difference when trying to achieve healthy skin. As mentioned, a balanced, healthy diet full of antioxidants delivers some good stuff to your skin. But, if you’re looking to make some changes, you can improve the quality of your skin through topical means, here’s a quick vitamin guide for your face.
Vitamin A acts like a retinoid but is much gentler on your skin. The results may take a little longer, but with diligence, vitamin A can diminish wrinkles and brown spots.
Vitamin B3 helps reduce redness and dry skin. Over time, a topical B3 can protect and strengthen the outer barrier of your skin, enabling it to lock in moisture and help keep your skin looking healthy!
Vitamin C is like the holy grail of topical facial vitamins. It smooths, firms, heals, helps facial elasticity, and diminishes wrinkles and dark spots. This is an amazing skin preventative, as well as a vitamin that can help aging skin improve overall quality.
Vitamin E aids in healing dry skin and preventing some sun damage. Vitamin E helps neutralize damage from free radicals and works well with Vitamin C.
Vitamin K can help lighten dark circles and dark spots on your skin. Patience will be key in this process though!
5. A daily skin routine is a must for healthy skin. Finding the right products for your skin type is essential to maintaining balance. Purchase what you need and remember to cleanse your face from impurities nightly before going to sleep.
6. Sleep is so important to help achieve bright and happy skin! Especially around the eyes in terms of dark circles. So, sleep, sleep, sleep!
Having healthy glowing skin can give us confidence. Some problematic skin may need the assistance of a dermatologist, and that’s okay, too! Preventative skin care starting in our younger years forward can aid in healthy, glowing skin at any age. Eating a healthy, balanced diet, treating our skin with care, and getting vital sleep are all ways to improve lackluster skin to healthy, glowing skin.