5 Ingredient Power Balls and Truffles
Article Published on Jun 02, 2016
Power up with these five ingredient protein balls that if you “choc” the recipe up with cacao, you can transform them into amazing truffles.
Put together a few fab foods and they become even more fabulous. That’s how I like it!
When infusing foods with fun, flavor, and nutrients, eating great is truly great and these protein-rich, no-added sugar, gluten-free, and vegan gems are the perfect go-to snack or treat.
Crammed with vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, quality carbs, and antioxidants, you can enjoy these easy-to-make power balls without guilt and you can double the batch and store them in the freezer in an airtight container for 2 – 4 weeks. Including a pinch of quality sea salt is a great way to infuse added electrolytes making your power balls a post-workout friendly snack. I love to double the recipe, divide it, and make a few different versions.
5 Ingredient Protein Balls and Truffles
- 2 scoops vanilla Sunwarrior Classic Plus protein, approximately ½ cup or more as needed
- 2 heaping tablespoons Sunbutter, creamy or crunchy, add a little more if needed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, add a little more if needed
- 2 large Medjool dates, soaked and pureed, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for rolling the balls
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste (great for electrolytes)
- 2–4 tablespoons raw cacao powder, adjust liquid as needed
- 2 tablespoons maca or mesquite powder for a caramel taste, adjust liquid as needed
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs and or chopped pecans if desired
- 2 drops essential oil – pharmaceutical grade orange, peppermint, lemon
- 1–2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or Ojio vanilla powder
Combine all ingredients (except the extra coconut flakes) in a bowl, and create a sticky dough that holds together well when rolled. Adjust ingredient amounts if needed. Form the dough into 1 – 1½ inch balls.
Add the reserved coconut flakes to a little baggie and shake or roll the balls until they are completely coated.
Store in a covered container and enjoy as desired.
Elevate these to ‘Truffle’ level, melt 6 oz. of 70% (or higher) quality non-dairy organic chocolate or raw cacao paste in a double boiler with 1 tablespoon coconut oil or milk. Add a splash of maple syrup if desired. Remove from heat and carefully dip each truffle into the chocolate, covering completely. Set on a parchment-covered platter, dropping a few cacao nibs on the top if desired and let firm. Store as directed above.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.