Nothing is worse than a hangry yogi!. Make sure to keep your inner yogi well-fed and happy, so you can achieve peace.
Yoga is a union of mind, body, and soul achieved via practicing asanas, yamas, and niyamas. The union is achieved by speaking truth, being vegetarian, not stealing, and being compassionate, among other things. The union is achieved by highly disciplined beings.
Here are three recipes that will help you practice your asana in peace and help to balance your energy and obtain inner peace. The food you eat determines your pranic energy and how focused you can be during practice and if your body cells are inflamed or not. Eating a diet that is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients are key to a healthy life.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon, black tea
- Heat up the almond milk with ginger and black tea. After 2 minutes of coming to a boil, remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes
- Transfer it to a high-speed blender, add other ingredients, and blend until smooth and creamy
This drink is a great replacement for coffee. It is packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties .It helps relax your muscles and helps remove toxins and mucus build up.
Sprouted Moong Bean Salad
- ½ cup sprouted moong bean (whole green lentils)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ tomato, chopped
- ¾ zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons dry cranberries
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Optional: chopped carrots and green peppers
- Soak moong beans in water for about 14–20 hours. Transfer them to a dry glass jar and wait for a day to sprout.
- Rinse the sprouted moong beans.
Moong beans sprouts are packed with protein and have a high antioxidant content. This is a great lunch to have after your practice; helps in muscle recovery, easy to digest, and contains the right amount of spice to improve metabolism.
Coconut Goji Bars
- ¾ cup coconut, grated
- ¾ cup, almond flour
- 2 tablespoons, dry goji berries
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Using a food processor, pulse all these ingredients until they are broken down
- Transfer the ingredients to a flat glass tray and make small squares
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours to set.
This is a great dessert for anyone. This recipe has great antiviral and antibacterial properties from coconut, good amount of protein from almonds and high antioxidant content from Goji berries. A great dessert for the yogi in you!
Feed your inner yogi!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.