Nutrition can be a confusing subject even for the seasoned fitness professional. Keep things simple by following these easy nutritional guidelines to help you lose body fat.
1. Drink at least two liters of water a day. As a general rule, you should consume a liter of water for every 55 lbs (25kg) of bodyweight.
2. Eat high quality protein at every meal. Try for at least 0.2 to 0.5 grams of protein for every two pounds or one kilogram of bodyweight.
3. Limit fructose and sugar intake. Generally, fructose intake should be limited to 5–10 grams for those who are looking to lose body fat and 20–25 grams for people that are active. Be aware of hidden sugars in foods like high fructose corn syrup.
4. Limit processed foods like white bread, white pasta, or white rice. Processed foods can hit the bloodstream quicker than sugar.
5. Avoid artificial sweeteners, with the exception of stevia.
6. Eat multiple, smaller meals each day and add a protein shake to speed up the metabolism. Or, if your schedule doesn’t allow multiple meals, at least aim to make the three main meals nutritionally balanced.
8. Include smart fats with every meal. Good choices of smart fats would be from avocados, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, and almonds.
9. Adding vinegar, ginger, cayenne, or lemon juice to your meals may support fat loss.
10. Limit overall carbs to help lose body fat. Have a re-feed day, where you consume a higher number of carbs, every six to seven days.
11. Supplement with a good quality multi-vitamin and a quality omega 3 and 6 product. Cycle your supplements every week.
12. Aim to eat at least 25 grams of fiber a day.
13. Eat 7–9 servings of fruit and vegetables a day if you are exercising (which supports fat loss, so you should be). Include as many variations in the color of the fruits and vegetables as possible.
14. Eat four servings of greens a day.
15. By consuming a liquid breakfast, you are likely to eat around 30% more calories throughout the day, so eat a solid breakfast when possible.
17. To help reduce carbohydrate cravings, consume 2 grams of glutamine in water before meals. To further reduce cravings, add 10 grams of coconut oil to the glutamine.
18. Manage your blood sugar by eating low glycemic load (GL) foods like berries and greens.
19. Eat an antioxidant-rich diet to reduce inflammation that can inhibit fat loss. Try kale, broccoli, watercress, cauliflower, berries, pomegranates, spinach, and cherries.
20. Avoid sports drinks. Sports drinks are not needed for any exercise lasting an hour or less, since the body can supply adequate energy for exercising lasting this length of time.
21. Take good quality magnesium, zinc, and Vitamin D supplements to prevent any nutrient deficiency.
22. Drink green tea or a good quality black coffee. Keep in mind that the less black the coffee is, the less effective it is as a weight loss help.
23. Take a good quality probiotic.
24. Have a protein-only shake over a carbohydrate-protein shake post workout. Adding ginger to the shake may help fat loss.
26. Eat a protein and carbohydrate meal at least an hour before exercise.
27. Avoid milk and whey pre-workout.
28. Limit fruit juices to homemade recipes.
29. Eat natural single ingredient foods.
30. High stress levels can inhibit fat loss. Herbs holy basil, ginseng, and rhodiola rosea can help combat stress.
If you would like to learn more about these tips or find out more about fitness and nutrition, check out my Facebook page.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.