by: Lauren Rae, CPT at TRYM Fitness and Sunwarrior Contributing Writer
Don’t settle for processed and packaged snacks that work against you—fuel your body with these vegetarian snacks that work for you with the best nutrients to keep you full and fabulous even when you’re feeling snackish.
“Cheesy” Raw Kale Chips
You’ll need a little patience to make these kale chips, but I promise you it’s worth the wait. Packed with vitamin C and coated with spices and healthy fats, these chips are cooked at a low temperature to maintain the integrity of the nutrients. Kale chips are best enjoyed that day. Once completely cooled, they are good in a sealed container for about 5 days.
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of raw, unsalted cashews—soaked overnight or at least for one hour
- 1 bunch of organic kale (I prefer to use Dino or Lacinito Kale because it is heavy enough to hold onto the ‘cheesy’ cashew mix.)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 peeled lemon
Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Low glycemic, healthy fat and totally crunch-worthy, sweet potato chips are in a category of their own. Pair with honey mustard for sensational dipping! The trick to getting your sweet potato chips to be crispy is to wash the yam one day before (if you’re planning on leaving the skin on) and letting them dry thoroughly.
Otherwise, skinning it dry will work just as well.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Thinly slice one large sweet potato. The best way to maintain conformity is by using a mandolin slicer. (Be careful....They are sharp! Always use the guard.)
- Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. For a sweeter treat, sprinkle with organic stevia and cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until desired texture is reached. Flip your chips at the 10 minute mark.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy the same day.
Raw-Vocado Sunwarrior Protein pudding
Eaten with a spoon, tastes like a dessert, and is totally guilt-free! This pudding is a great snack for raw foodies and anyone on a juice cleanse or on a high protein, high fat diet.
What you’ll need:
- 1 serving Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½–1 cup coconut milk (Amount depends on how thick you like your pudding)
- 5–10 drops coconut flavored liquid stevia
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.