It is becoming well known that many foods considered unhealthy can contribute to or cause inflammation at the cellular level; increase cholesterol, resulting in cardiovascular disease; and contribute to the deadly, feared “C” word: cancer.
Sad but true, inflammation, cholesterol, and cancer have become more and more common these days. That’s not to say that we must live our lives in fear of these ailments—there is a great deal of evidence that these ailments are often a result of poor lifestyle choices. This means there is much we can do to prevent them.
By adding these twelve foods to our diets and programs, it’s possible we may help decrease inflammation, lower cholesterol, and aid in cancer prevention.
FLAXSEED: 2 tbsp freshly ground flaxseed daily (keep in the fridge and consume within two days of grinding)
- High fiber for increasing bowel movements and cleansing the colon
- Contains phytoestrogens that may help in preventing breast cancer and alleviating menopausal hot flashes
- A complete protein
- High in omega-3 essential fatty acids that may help prevent cancer, arthritis, heart disease, depression, skin afflictions, and Alzheimer's disease
- Keeps cell membranes strong to avoid bacteria, viruses, and parasites
TURMERIC: 2 tsp or more daily
- One of the best anti-inflammatories for alleviating arthritis symptoms
- Decreases the risk of most cancers and may help to prevent Alzheimer's disease
- Assists in liver detoxification
GARLIC: 2 cloves daily
- Helps to produce natural antibodies and is anti-parasitic
- Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, therefore, potentially helping to prevent heart disease
- Potential prevention of many types of cancer
- Assists in liver detoxification
RAW NUTS AND SEEDS: 2–4 tbsp daily
- High in zinc and magnesium, which are common mineral deficiencies linked to anxiety, heart disease, and lowered immune function
- Pumpkin seeds are also anti-parasitic
SEAWEEDS: 2 tbsp daily
- Great vegetarian sources of calcium and iron
- Nori, dulse, hiziki, arame, and kombu are highly alkalinizing, rich in minerals, and high in beta carotene
- Brown seaweeds, like kelp, help to pull radioactive particles out of the body so they can be excreted
RAW BRASSICAS: 1/2 cup or more daily
- Cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and kale assist the liver in detoxification, improve estrogen metabolism, and may help to prevent breast and uterine cancer when eaten raw
- Raw cabbage juice is known to heal stomach and duodenal ulcers
SHITAKE MUSHROOMS: 2 times weekly
- Enhances the immune system and may help prevent cancer
- Has a natural ability to discourage Inflammation, tumors, bad bacteria, and harmful viruses
- Contains a compound called D-Eritadenine (DEA) that helps lower cholesterol and support cardiovascular health
BERRIES: 1/2 cup or more daily
- High in antioxidants that may help prevent cancer
- Improves vision
- Berries can reduce the chance of having a heart attack
TOMATOES: 2 times weekly
- High in lycopene, an antioxidant that may help prevent breast, lung, and cervical cancer
- High in bioflavonoids and carotenoids, known anti-inflammatory agents
- Helps lower total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides
LEGUMES: 1/2 cup or more daily
- Contains high amounts of potassium and magnesium
- Low on the glycemic index
- Contains phytic acid, which may help prevent the growth of cancer
ROSEMARY & CORIANDER: several times per week
- Rosemary facilitates liver detoxification of hormones and dangerous toxins that can accumulate in the body
- Coriander can aid in the elimination of toxic metals, such as mercury, cadmium, and lead
- Rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds help boost the immune system and improve blood circulation
ORGANIC GREEN TEA: 2 cups or more daily
- Stimulates metabolism to assist in weight loss
- May help to prevent breast and prostate cancer
- Can improve risk factors for heart disease, such as total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides
I have come to discover that health and disease prevention is, to a much larger degree, a matter of choice rather than a matter of chance. By adding these many incredible foods weekly, we can choose to maintain health while also potentially preventing ailments in the first place.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.