Vibrant living tips and delicious vegan cuisine are Jason Wrobel's specialty, and he's dishing up a whole plate of veganized comfort food this week. Jason—aka J-Wro, celebrity vegan chef, TV host, and internet funny man—brings us a vegan French toast recipe worth losing your socks over. We're implying it'll knock them off if you didn't get that one. That's right! You don't have to give up comfort as a vegan. Coconut milk, bananas, coconut sugar, nutritional yeast, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, and vanilla Warrior Blend go into the batter. Dunk your bread and brown it up with coconut oil. Top the goodness with fresh fruit and maple, then enjoy the yumminess, friends.
Vegan French Toast
- ¾ cup water
- 1/4 cup Sunwarrior Coconut Milk Powder
- 3 bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sunwarrior Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 scoop Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Your choice bread slices (Jason uses organic spelt bread)
Blend batter ingredients until smooth and pour into a medium to large mixing bowl. Heat coconut oil in pan over medium heat. Dunk and cover bread slice in the batter then transfer to pan. Cook until center is golden brown (edges may be darker), about 3–5 minutes depending on your low to medium heat. Plate and top with fruit and grade b maple syrup. Enjoy!