Enjoy the comfort of a big plate of roasted potatoes smothered in spinach pesto. Not only is this dish comforting, but it’s filling, healthy, easy to make, and perfect as a side at dinner (or eaten all on its own). With winter still here, this is a dish that is sure to keep your body and soul warm.
Eat this with a big salad for dinner or some roasted veggies such as Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and cauliflower.
Save some of the pesto on the side and use it on pasta, in sandwiches, or even for dipping veggies! It’s a versatile pesto that you can adapt any way you like. If you want more garlic flavor, simply add in more garlic cloves. If you want it a little thinner, simply add some warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Roasted Potatoes with Spinach Pesto
- 6 medium yukon gold potatoes
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Sunwarrior Nutritional Yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut potatoes into quarters and place on baking sheet with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt. Bake for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender
- Combine all other ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Adjusting seasonings based on taste
- When potatoes are ready, cover in pesto and serve!