Go meatless this Monday with a vegan burger that puts all other burgers to shame. One bite into this juicy, full flavor, vegan smokehouse burger, and you’ll never go back to those other boring burgers again.
Full Flavor Vegan Smokehouse Burger
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic Unflavored
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of oven-roasted garlic
- 1 Portabella mushroom, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ med beet, grated/shredded
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 4 tablespoons. smoky BBQ sauce
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced
Toast walnuts over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and golden brown. Transfer to a food processor.
Toast quick oats over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Combine with walnut and 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic Protein. Pulse in a food processor until you get a fine meal. Set aside.
Lightly spray skillet with olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add oven-roasted garlic, mushroom, and thyme and sauté until mushroom is soft. Remove from heat and add beets and stir until beets release color. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mash beans with sea salt until only a few whole beans remain.
Add cooked brown rice, walnut mixture, sautéed mixture, and BBQ sauce. Mix thoroughly until mold-able dough forms.
Form into burger patties and cook on the grill for 3-4 minutes per side, ensuring that you sear grill marks on each side or Cook in a large skillet with a little coconut oil until seared on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Sauté sliced sweet onions and serve over the top.