Ready for a warm, delicious vegan dessert recipe to get you through the cold winter months? This perfect Pear Apple Crisp from Jason Wrobel, aka J-Wro, celebrity vegan chef and Cooking Channel TV host, is gluten-free vegan goodness at its very best!
Fresh, crisp organic apples and pears combine together in the oven with maple, orange zest, and warm spices like cinnamon and ginger. The crisp part of this recipe relies on oats, gluten free flour, Sunwarrior Vanilla Warrior Blend Protein, more maple syrup, pumpkin oil, and raw pecans. The roasted and caramelized golden apples and pears pair perfectly with the nutty, crumbly crisp for a dessert that smells and tastes like the very best parts of this festive season. Enjoy in good health and happiness!
Delicious Pear Apple Crisp
- 3–4 cups of sliced Fuji Apples
- 3–4 cups of Fresh Bosc Pears
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup grade B maple syrup
- ¼ cup pureed apples
- Zest of ½ orange
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein powder
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon Sunwarrior Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin oil
- ½ cup raw pecans, crushed
Add all ingredients, except the raw pecans, to a mixing bowl and mix until clumpy. Then mix in pecans. Pull fruit mixture from the oven and top generously with crumble mix. Put back in oven for 10 minutes. Remove, plate, and enjoy!