It’s Friday afternoon and I’m in need of sustenance and an immune booster so off to the kitchen I go to see what I’ve got on hand. I’m running low on fruit; in fact, all I have left is a single banana. However, I want a smoothie and having only one fruit isn’t going to stop me. I may need to replenish my fruit supply, but I still have plenty of spices and supplements to make a spectacular smoothie.
Dark leafy greens are full of antioxidants and nutrients that make them worthy of being in a smoothie. The flavor of spinach is easily covered by other ingredients, if that’s an issue for you, but you could easily use romaine lettuce, kale, or other greens. Cinnamon, turmeric, and maca are full of nutrients and flavor, and maca is great as an aid to balance your hormones. Well, truthfully, all these ingredients are good for you in one way or another, so let’s get on to the smoothie so you can experience it for yourself!
Banana Maca Sun Smoothie
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen cubes (approx. 1 to 1.5 cups)
- ½ cup spinach, roughly torn
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground Sunwarrior Turmeric
- Dash of black pepper (augments the effectiveness of turmeric)
- ⅓ to ½ cup water or almond milk
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon Maca Force
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 teaspoon Acerola Cherry Vit C powder
- ½ teaspoon walnut oil
Measure all of the ingredients into your blender, adding a few cubes of ice if your banana is not frozen. Blend using off and on blasts if needed.
Pour in glass and enjoy this ever so nourishing powerhouse smoothie.