A warm and cozy breakfast of amaranth apple porridge spiced with cinnamon will make getting up in the morning a treat! It’s a great way to welcome the coming autumn weather and to celebrate crispy apple season!
Amaranth is a gluten-free pseudo-grain that is a great source of protein and when cooked, becomes gummy, which is perfect for porridge! By soaking the Amaranth overnight, it releases phytic acids, which helps to make it more digestible. This porridge is perfect for breakfast or even as a snack! The spices (especially Ceylon cinnamon) are great for balancing your blood sugar and will help to keep you full all morning long!
Amaranth Apple PorridgeIngredients
- ½ cup amaranth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 scoop Warrior Blend, Maple French toast flavor
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Sprinkle with apple chunks, toasted pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, or dried cranberries
- Soak amaranth in water and lemon juice for up to 8 hours.
- Bring to a boil, add sea salt, cover, and simmer for 20–30 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in Warrior Blend, apple sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Top with apple, dried cranberries, and cinnamon
And enjoy this mm-mazing breakfast!