Get your summer on with a dessert that is cold, refreshing, and full of flavor! We’ll help you do just that with this fantastically guilt-free, vegan blueberry cheesecake!
What’s better on a hot summer day than a piece of cold blueberry cheesecake?! Even more so when it’s coated with crispy chocolate, is completely vegan, is refined sugar-free, and tastes absolutely amazing! This cheesecake is filled with blueberries, quite literally, which makes it even more refreshing! It’s a must-try this summer!
For the base:
- 120g oat flour (you can make it easily by blending oat flakes in a blender)
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- a pinch of Sunwarrior Sea Salt
For the ‘cheese’:
- 400g cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 400g tin coconut milk, chilled in the fridge for at least 4 hours
- juice squeezed from 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp. maple syrup (or more if you prefer sweeter taste)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 400g fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 50g vegan chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a bottom of a round 9-inch cake tin with greaseproof paper and leave aside.
- To make the base place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until dough forms. It should stick together but not stick to your hands. Transfer the dough to the prepared cake tin and using your hands mold it to the bottom to form a base. Then spike with a fork and place in the oven. Bake for 12 min, then take out of the oven and set aside to cool down.
- To make the ‘cheese’ layer place cashews in a food processor, add coconut oil, the top thick part of the coconut milk (you don’t need the remaining liquid), lemon juice, maple syrup and cornstarch. Blend all until smooth and creamy mass forms, which will take a good few minutes. You may want to add more lemon juice or more maple syrup depending on what your flavor preference is, it won’t affect the consistency unless you add loads more.
- Transfer the ‘cheese’ to a large bowl and add 300g of blueberries, then mix them in thoroughly. When the base has cooled down, fill it with the prepared ‘cheese’ mass, even out the surface and decorate with the remaining blueberries. Place in the freezer for 30 min.
- In a small saucepan place 1 tbsp. coconut oil and 50g chocolate and melt on low heat stirring occasionally with a spatula. Take off the heat and leave aside for 5 min.
- Take the cake out of the freezer and decorate with melted chocolate on top, then place in the fridge and leave there for at least four hours or ideally overnight. Serve on its own or with a side of vegan chocolate ice cream. Store in the fridge for up to four days.