If you’re looking for a way to get more healthy fats into your diet, this guacamole recipe might be exactly what you’re looking for!
Spend a few minutes in the kitchen with Teri Gentes, a whole-self nutrition coach, culinary chef, and author, while she makes us a simple guacamole recipe. Teri always focuses on food that’s fun, flavorful, and fused with quality nutrition. Guacamole does all of this on its own, without needing anything special added. It’s that good!You start by picking the best avocados. You want fairly ripe for guacamole. You can tell by the firmness or by picking off the stem and looking at the coloring. They should give slightly when you squeeze them, yielding to firm, gentle pressure. If you pick off the stem, you want to see a yellow-green color underneath. Really green means it’s unripe and brown or black means it’s too ripe. Don’t be afraid to handle those avocados before you buy them. You want only the best!
Simple Guacamole Recipe
- 2 or 3 avocadoes,
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sprinkle cumin
- Sprinkle sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Scoop avocado out of shells with a spoon. You may want to peel the avocados if you’re doing anything besides guacamole, but, for this recipe, no need to be so gentle.
- Add in the finely diced red onions, garlic, tomatoes, and jalapeno.
- Add a little lime juice.
- Sprinkle over with sea salt, cumin, and cilantro.
- Mix it all up.
- Dish it up, dip in the organic chips, and enjoy.
*You can also use red cabbage for a raw chip option.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.