We’ve all seen the pink ribbon that reminds us of breast cancer, but are we doing all we can to prevent it?
Movies, television, magazines, and newspapers are full of images of partially clothed and fully exposed female breasts. Men have been infatuated with female breasts from the beginning of time. Just have a look at some of the earlier art from the Italian Renaissance period. After visiting The Musée d'Orsay in Paris this year and observing all the nude and semi-nude subjects in many of the art and sculptures, it occurred to me that we have always been a people obsessed with breasts. The amount of advertising and clinics we see today that specialize in breast augmentation proves this.
Women compare themselves with other women based on the size of their breasts. Women dress them up with millions of choices of bra models, colours, materials, and brands. Not to mention nipple rings. Ouch! Breasts are a source of sexual attraction and stimulation, yet most importantly the function of our breasts is to secrete milk for human nourishment.
However, I am not here to discuss our breast obsession; there is a more serious matter at hand. Women have been faced with serious health threats and in fact, sadly, have left their families and loved ones behind much too soon. The percentage of women facing cancer diagnoses has increased over time. Unfortunately, breast cancer is one of the leading causes of death among women globally today.
In an effort to prevent women from undergoing unnecessary and potentially devastating treatments for suspected breast cancer, it is important to be open to exploring options and alternative ways. How can women protect themselves from unnecessary tumours? The best medicine is preventive medicine. Here are some tips to help combat breast cancer.
Easy Tips to Breast Cancer Prevention!
- 1. Eat organic foods as much as possible. Stay clear of fruits and vegetables that contain the highest amounts of pesticides and reduce your exposure to many of the toxic chemicals found in our food. Click here for a list of the Dirty Dozen and the Clean 15.
- 2. Drink filtered water free of chlorine and pesticides.
- 3. Exercise at least 30 minutes each day. Walking, jogging, weight training, rebounding, and so on are all great ways to remove toxins from your skin.
- 4. Spend time in an infrared sauna. Infrared saunas help eliminate chemicals stored in your fat cells. It helps with circulation and helps to oxygenate tissues.
- 5. Use glassware to drink your water and store your food. Avoid plastic at all costs. Plastic often seeps chemicals that act like the hormone estrogen and cause hormonal disruptions.
- 6. Avoid parabens in your cosmetics, shampoos, conditioners, and toothpastes, sunscreens, perfumes, hairspray, etc. Parabens also act like estrogen and can cause hormonal disruptions.
- 7. Limit or avoid meat consumption, dairy, sugar, sweets, pastries, and desserts. Add more fruits, vegetables, and legumes to your diet. A high fiber diet can help protect your body against cancer.
- 8. Mediate or do deep breathing exercises for at least 15 minutes daily to alleviate stress levels and release negative emotions that can get stored in your body.
- 9. Sleep in a dark room and avoid turning on a bright light to keep melatonin levels high. Low melatonin can cause women to be more vulnerable to breast cancer.
- 10. Quit smoking! Tobacco smoke contains several carcinogens that cause many types of cancers.
Top Food Tips for Breast Cancer Protections
- 1. Eat raw and living foods
- 2. Fiber, fiber, fiber!
- 3. Eat your flax
- 4. Brassicas all the way daily
- 5. Sprout it
- 6. Garlic, onions, and leeks, oh my!
- 7. Seaweeds
- 8. Turn to turmeric
- 9. Get juiced
- 10. Green is in
As much as our society has become obsessed with breasts we should be no less obsessed with eradicating the disease that afflicts them. Prevent disease through natural nutrition and supportive supplementation.