Jam dot cookies: From great taste to great ingredients, snacks that are rewarding in every way!
The perfect cookie to make to keep on hand in your freezer or your next dinner party. Kids also love them! Just swap out the almond flour for allergy friendly flour and they can pack them for lunch too! Make sure you buy a pure jam that is naturally sweetened.
Jam Dot Cookies
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 jar of “no sugar added” raspberry or apricot jam
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the almonds, flour, and cinnamon. Mix well to combine.
3) In a separate bowl, blend the oil, maple syrup, and sea salt. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
4) Roll into walnut-sized balls. Place on the baking sheets and press down with your thumb in the center of each cookie.
5) Fill the indentations with jam and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
The health benefits of Almonds:
Almonds are an anti-aging powerhouse food to add to your arsenal that offer a wide array of health benefits.
Many specialists have studied the myriad health benefits of almonds, and the general consensus is that almonds affect every aspect of your wellbeing: from your looks to how you feel.
If your ticker isn’t tocking quite as rhythmically as you’d like, you might consider making almonds one of your go-to foods for your heart health. Almonds help reduce the risk of heart disease by protecting your artery walls from damage. According to the Loma Linda University School of Public Health, adding almonds to your diet five times a week can result in a 50% reduction in risk of heart attack.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.