Being vegan doesn’t mean going hungry from insubstantial meals. This hearty bean soup recipe is packed with nutrition and great taste!
Everyone loves to have a nice hearty soup as the weather outside cools, and something that warms you from the inside out is even better. This protein, carbohydrate-packed soup recipe is easy to make so you have time to recover from your busy day of hiking, exploring, and other active adventures you do outside. If you have an outdoor adventure that will keep you all day in the cool autumn air, you can easily prepare this ahead of time and bring it along in a thermos for a midday recharge of your energy.
The small red adzuki beans add some bright color to the meal as well as nice contrast to the white beans. Adzukis are full of fiber and protein and are a fabulous source of magnesium, manganese, B vitamins, and potassium! Being easily digestible, they don’t cause the bloating that other beans are so often guilty of doing.
Hearty Bean Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup barley
- 1 cup adzuki beans
- 1 cup split peas
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup white beans
- 6 cups organic vegetarian No-Chicken broth
- 6 cups water (add more if a thinner consistency is desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare brown rice according to package. When cooked, set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- Add barley, beans, not-chicken broth, and 6 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes adding the split peas for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Add desired amount of prepared brown rice to saucepan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.