We present a delicious maple and cinnamon soaked oats recipe that’s also easy to adapt to your tastes!
Breakfast is typically a challenge as most people are in a rush in the morning. So why not prepare breakfast the night before? By soaking oats overnight, you can wake up to a delicious breakfast with endless possibilities for toppings!
Soaking oats overnight not only saves you time, but also improves their digestibility greatly as the starch and phytic acid is broken down, making them easier for our bodies to absorb.
Add some protein (such as nuts or seeds), healthy fat like a nut butter, and fruit and you have a balanced and nourishing breakfast that will keep you going all morning!
Cinnamon Maple Soaked Oats
- ½ cup whole rolled oats
- ½ cup filtered water + 1 wedge of lemon
- ½ cup rice milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or sunflower butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins or apricots
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Other Toppings: almonds, goji berries, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, currents, apple slices, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, etc.
- Measure out your oats and soak covered with water and lemon overnight in a bowl (cover with a plate). You can add in the raisins and pumpkin seeds here if you want them soft.
- In the morning, if you want your oats raw, add in the rest of the ingredients and enjoy right away!
- If you like your oats slightly warm, add ingredients to a pot, add a touch more rice milk and other toppings and warm for 5 minutes before serving.
The Benefits of Eating a Healthy Breakfast:
1. Cognitive function:
- Breakfast restores glucose levels, an essential carb needed for the brain to function
- Improves memory and concentration
- Improves mood and stress levels
2. Provides sustained energy
3. Long term health:
- It can reduce obesity
- Reduce high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.