Zain Saraswati Jamal—mind, body, and spirit coach—brings us one of the recipes she’s gathered from traveling the globe. Overnight Oats comes to us from an orchard in Switzerland. Zain healthifies this recipe even more with nutrient rich ingredients like chia seeds, fresh berries, and Warrior Blend protein powder. This sweet, creamy dish makes a delicious and healthy breakfast or a filling and refreshing snack during the day. Enjoy!
- ½ cup slow cook oats
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk, or other nut milk
- ¼ cup coconut or almond yogurt (vegetarian option: fat free Greek Yogurt)
- 1½ teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Warrior Blend vanilla protein powder
- A couple drops vanilla crème stevia (or sweetener of your choice, up to 1 tsp maple syrup, honey, etc.)
- 1–2 tablespoons unsweetened jam of choice
- ¼ cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
Mix uncooked oats, yogurt, and nut milk in mason jar, or other glass container. Add chia seeds, protein powder, stevia, and jam and mix together. Add up to a quarter cup more nut milk to thin mixture if you prefer. Seal jar and leave in fridge overnight. In the morning, top with fresh berries, nuts, or other preference. And enjoy!