There’s nothing I crave more than a warm bowl of soup on a frigid day. Split Pea is one of my absolute favorite types of soup, but it’s not always easy to find a version that I can eat. The problem is that many places that serve Split Pea soup either put ham in the recipe, cook the soup with ham bones, or use chicken stock as the base. As a non-meat eater, this limits the opportunities I have to enjoy one of my favorite soups. That’s why I decided to create a vegan version that is lighter and just as flavorful. Peas are packed with vitamins and have a slew of health benefits, so why not be good to your body while eating something tasty? This recipe is super easy to make and will last all week long, so grab your peas, and let’s get cooking!
Vegan Split Pea Soup
Article Published on Feb 14, 2019
Warm up your soul with this spectacularly cozy vegan split pea soup! Full of vitamins and flavor, this is the soup to warm you from the inside out!
Vegan Split Pea Soup
- 6 cups of low sodium vegetable broth (organic if possible)
- 2 cups of green split peas (*these are dried and are found in bags usually by the canned goods section)
- 2–3 stocks of celery (chopped)
- 1 cup of carrots (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 dried basil leaves (chopped)
- 1–2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a full boil
- Once boiled, reduce heat and cover
- Simmer the mixture for one hour and fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally
- Cool the mixture for 15–20 minutes
- Pour mixture into a blender and puree (make sure you break the mixture up into a few small batches and blend thoroughly. The consistency should be very smooth with no chunks)
- Pour puree into another fresh pot and repeat until the entire mixture is completely puréed.
- Reheat on stovetop for a few minutes before serving
Our amazing team of Sunwarriors creates the healthiest Plant-Based Proteins & Supplements. Our mission is to nourish & Transform The Planet.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.