Vegan Lamington Holiday Recipe
Article Published on Nov 27, 2017
Snuggle into the holidays with fantastic desserts and food possibilities that are endless!
We can use this time experimenting in the kitchen with new recipes, tweaking old recipes, and loving the tried and true recipes. Something new I wanted to create was lamingtons. If you have never heard of lamingtons, it’s because they were originally created in Australia. They have become very popular over the years and have become a staple in most holiday baking. Think about a petit four enrobed in coconut! I wanted to recreate a vegan version that would be as equally delicious as its original counterpart.
If you aren’t concerned with gluten, you can always substitute the almond flour and tapioca flour for 1.5 cups of regular flour.
Vegan Lamington Holiday Recipe
- 2 cups nondairy milk of choice (Soy or almond)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350C. Line a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper
2. Combine apple cider vinegar, baking soda, and nondairy milk in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes or until it starts to bubble
3. In the meantime, sift both flours and baking powder into another bowl
4. In another bowl whisk coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract together
5. Pour apple cider vinegar mixture into flour mixture, stir. Add coconut oil mixture to that same bowl and stir until well incorporated. Pour mixture into lined baking tray
6. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until toothpick inserted is clean
7. Remove from oven, let cool completely. Cut into 4-inch cubes when cooled
8. Place desiccated coconut on a plate for easy dipping
9. Combine all icing ingredients together into a bowl. Dip each cube into the icing and then into the coconut. Place on a parchment paper lined tray and let sit for 1 hour
10. Serve and enjoy!
The traditional recipe is actually dipped in chocolate before it is dipped in coconut. You can make a half batch like this or even a whole. If you decide to do it with chocolate, you will need two cups of your favorite chocolate. Once the cake has cooled, cut into squares. Melt 2 cups of chocolate over a double boiler. Remove from heat and dip cake into chocolate. Place dipped squares onto a cooling rack for 2 minutes and then dip in chocolate. This will make an extra special holiday treat. Have a merry holiday and happy baking!
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy this content? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to receive new product announcements, special offers, tasty recipes, and tips for managing your health in all the best ways. All delivered personally and conveniently to your inbox!
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.