Get ready for a super nutritious, high protein smoothie you likely won’t have tried before.
Here’s a delicious detox remedy super high in protein and antioxidants. Turmeric is the best when it comes to adding flair to a dish, but how about in a smoothie? This is a fun way to blend natural spices and supergreens together in a smoothie without a heavy curry flavor.
Turmeric aids digestion, reduces inflammation, and prevents other not so pleasant predicaments that inhibit activity within the gut. It’s paired with the subtle sweetness of supergreens and a pinch of ginger, thus making a nice concoction that is not too sweet or overpowering. And with the addition of protein, this Turmeric & Supergreens Smoothie is excellent as a post-workout drink. You’ll also get a good dose of vitamins and vegetable nutrition to make this worthy as a meal. Or, if you are an Olympia heavyweight power lifter, a satisfying curcumin snack. Go ahead, give it a whirl.
As always, ingredients should be organic where possible.
Turmeric & Supergreens Smoothie
Prep time: 15min
- 1 scoop Warrior Blend vanilla protein
- 3/4 cup unsweetened rice & quinoa milk
- 1/3 cup Persian cucumbers
- 1/4 cup butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 scoop Warrior Blend natural protein
- 1 tablespoon Sunwarrior Supergreens natural
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup butter leaf lettuce
- Topping: 1/4 cup gluten-free granola clusters
- Topping: 1/5 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1. For the turmeric portion: combine all ingredients up to and including the vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
2. For the supergreens portion: combine the other ½ teaspoon lemon juice and the rest of the ingredients, except for the toppings, and blend until smooth.
3. Pour turmeric and supergreens mixtures together in a large glass or mason jar in layers as you would a parfait.
4. Add granola clusters and rolled oats as a crunchy garnish and serve.
If you like my recipe, email Kaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Itadakimasu! ~ Enjoy!
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.