Baby, it’s cold outside, and that’s why we’re sharing this great comfort food recipe: Sweet Potato Shepherd’s pie!
Sweet Potato Shepherd's PieIngredients:
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 sticks celery, washed and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 to 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, halved, deseeded, and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans, or 1 can organic kidney beans
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into slices or chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 4 sweet potatoes, steamed for 15 minutes until soft, and mashed (reserve a small amount of cooking water)
- Dash of tamari
- High in vitamin B6
- Good source of Vitamin C
- Great source of potassium
- Contains Iron
- Contains vitamin D
- Fights off cancer
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.