It’s official – making smoothies is my favourite way to start the day!
Also, with spring on the horizon, the desire to eat a heavy meal diminishes. So making a daily batch of liquid goodness seems like the perfect plan!
Not only do refreshing smoothies give you food as energy first thing in the morning – they are also so much fun to make. Everyday I create a new theme in my blender using different flavours and textures – but they all have one thing in common – they are packed full of raw, organic, fruits, vegetables and superfoods!
Making a smoothie is the easiest way to absorb a whole bunch of nutrients all at once. They can be full of fiber and vitamins and depending on what you put into them you can also get your daily dose of protein, antioxidants and healthy fats.
Why not indulge… and drink your next meal? What could be more delicious than a creamy smoothie that fills you up and gives your body the nutrition and vitality that it requires to thrive? There really is no better answer…so let me tell you five simple reasons why you should be making smoothies and blending your way to health!
Smoothies take all of 5 to 10 minutes to make (depending on how prepared you are), can be taken on the go and will last all day in a stainless steel bottle.
Easy to Absorb
Liquids are easier to digest and allow nutrients to absorb into your cells for immediate uptake.
All -in -One
You can get a “whole” lot of goodness into one blender – Vitamins, protein, carbohydrates and fat!
Enjoy the “process” and get creative with colourful ingredients and textures (add granola and eat it with a spoon!)
Use superfoods to give you a boost (no booster juice!!!). Make your own blend and enjoy in the morning, afternoon or pre/post work out!
You are in luck because I have provided simple steps on to make the perfect smoothie every day.
How to blend your way to health:
These can be made in any blender (but a Vitamix or Blendtech are highly recommended!).
- Start with 2 cups of liquid – rice milk, almond milk, hemp milk or coconut water
- Choose your protein (2 tbsp. or more)– raw brown rice protein (I like SUNWARRIOR), hemp protein, hemp hearts or almonds
- Choose your fruit (1/2 – 1 cup of either)– blueberries, raspberries, banana, mango, avocado or dates
- Choose your green (one handful)– spinach, kale, chard, sprouts, cucumber or (1 tsp) greens powder, spirulina or chlorella
- Choose your superfoods – (1 tablespoon of one or more) goji berries, cacao nibs, maca, mesquite, hemp seeds, raw honey, chia seeds or matcha green tea
Have fun and get creative!
For more information on Marnin Wasserman Click here