Rich in antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols, Cocoa is one of the highest known sources of magnesium, chromium, zinc, copper, manganese, and iron. When you're wanting to add a few health benefits to your dessert , these raw vegan cocoa and sea salt peanut butter cups are perfect.
Time to debunk the myth. So what's the difference between cocoa powder and cacao powder? Nothing. They are one in the same in the sense that they are simply a powdered product of cacao beans after the cacao butter has been separated from the plan. So you’ve had this superfood in your pantry for years and had no idea?! Well, its source and handling can make a difference in the quality of the product you purchase. Sunwarrior's Organic Cocoa Powder offers you everything you're looking for in quality.
Raw Vegan Cocoa and Sea Salt Peanut Butter Cups
- 8 tablespoons Sunwarrior Peanut Butter Power
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons Sunwarrior Cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Carob chips
Ancient Sea Salt to taste
- Mini ice cube tray or mini cupcake pan filled with small paper cups
- Mix Peanut Butter Powder with water to make 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Take your mini ice cube tray and spray it with a non-propellant baking spray or line a mini cupcake pan with paper cups.
- Mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil with your peanut butter and fill the cups halfway. If it’s difficult to combine, try heating them slightly. Sprinkle a few granules of sea salt and drop 1–2 carob chips in each cup and place your tray in the freezer.
- Prepare the chocolate topping in a bowl by combining the raw cacao, vanilla, the other tablespoon of coconut oil, and sweetener of choice. Stir well to combine. The mixture should hold its shape when you pull your spoon through it but not be tough.
- Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate topping into the mini ice tray on top of the peanut butter, filling each cup to the top. Place the tray in the freezer overnight to allow the cups to solidify.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, just pop each treat out of the cups! In the rare event that you didn’t eat all of them, keep whatever you don’t finish in the freezer in an airtight container.