Spear your health with pan sautéed asparagus spears! Flavor, health, and elegance on a plate!
Enjoy this fabulous veggie that cooks in minutes and delivers an abundance of anti-inflammatory nutrients including saponins which have anti-cancer properties. The health benefits don’t stop there either; asparagus is further enhanced with antioxidants Vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene; and minerals zinc, manganese, selenium as well as glutathione, which is wonderful for detoxing. Add folate, Vitamin A, K and fiber to the mix, and this vegetable earns a 5 star rating! While it’s not in season year round, enjoy it when you can and know you are augmenting your health with a delicious, nourishing green. Frozen is an option best used in soups, purees, and salsa verde.
Pan Sautéed Asparagus with Garlic
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 5–8 minutes
- Serves: 6–8 generously
- 1.5–2 lbs. asparagus spears (1–2 endive leaves per person for amuse-bouche)
- Olive, avocado, or grapeseed oil for sautéing
- Water or broth as needed to minimize oil use
- 1–2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Optional topping: lemon zest and nutritional yeast if desired
1. Peel bottom half of the asparagus stalks to remove the woodsy skin and cut or snap off the tough white bottoms. Wash well.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add a small drizzle of oil. Toss and mix the asparagus in the pan until stalks are completely coated with oil.
3. Add the garlic and a touch of water or additional oil is needed.
4. Cook for 5–8 minutes (depending on the stalk size of the asparagus and desired doneness). Be sure to rotate stalks so they cook evenly. Check a stalk for doneness and season. Adjust as needed and season with salt and pepper.
5. When done, arrange on plates alongside of your main course and top with lemon zest and nutritional yeast if desired.
Our mission is to nourish & transform the planet, one individual at a time, by providing the highest quality, clean, affordable, plant-based nutrition, education, and science-backed bio-technologies.
Claims on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We encourage you to do your own research.. Seek the advice of a medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle or diet.
Share This Post
Sunwarrior likes to share. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.