Thumbprint cookies are delicious but often loaded with butter and sugar. Here’s a vegan, low sugar alternative!
These cookies are an alternative to the traditional butter and sugar filled ones. They are low in carbohydrates and contain healthy fats. You can enjoy these any time of the day when you feel like a treat and are trying to stay healthy around the holiday season. Be careful though; they are so good you may end up eating the whole batch.
Although I have filled the cookies with coconut butter, feel free to use any sugar-free jam you like. Or make your own sugar-free raspberry jam. A super simple and no fuss cookie to enjoy and the best part there is no egg, no dairy, and no gluten and is Keto, Paleo, and vegan-friendly.
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 scoop of Sunwarrior Classic Plus Vanilla Protein
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup or stevia drops
- 3–4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- Place all the dried ingredients in a food processor and process until it turns crumbly. Do not over process.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup or stevia drops. Process once again to incorporate the coconut oil.
- It should turn into a moist dough that you can form into medium size balls approximately one tablespoon at a time.
- Shape into a ball and press the center with your thumb to make an imprint.
- Place them in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden and set.
- In the meantime, place coconut butter and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a glass or steel container and place on top of boiling water to melt. Once the coconut is all melted, remove from heat.
- With a small spoon fill the middle imprint with coconut butter. Alternatively, place a pecan and drizzle with melted coconut or melted chocolate.
- Place in the freezer once again until the coconut butter sets.
- Remove from the freezer and let it defrost for a couple of minutes before eating them or enjoy them straight out of the freezer which is the way I like them
At the end of the day, there is a lot that goes into a holistic lifestyle. When you start your journey to healthier living, there seems to be so much information to weed through. It can be confusing and difficult to determine what you should focus on first.
That’s why we’ve developed a short 15 Point Guide to Essential Health. Take charge of your health, and with a little help, you’ll be living a more fulfilling life in no time.