When you’re looking for a savory, filling, raw meal, this recipe for marinara sauce with zucchini noodles is sure to hit the spot.
Teri Gentes, a whole self-nutrition coach and author, puts her knowledge and skills together to make a raw recipe: marinara sauce with zucchini noodles that are as delicious as they are healthy.
Start by spiraling your zucchini, which is fun. It gives you an excuse to buy yourself a gadget that transforms veggies into noodles. Zucchini isn’t the only one. Try carrots, parsnips, potato, sweet potato, beets, turnip, or any other of the firmer vegetables you love. Plug the zucchini in, secure it down, and turn the crank. The raw noodles just fall out. It’s that simple. You can even get the kids involved. They’ll love helping make dinner with a spiralizer.
Marinara Sauce with Zucchini Noodles Raw
- Zucchini, spiraled
- Handful fresh parsley
- Large clove garlic
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- ¾ cup sundried tomatoes, soaked
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons basil oil
- 1 and ½ dates
- Place sundried tomatoes in water to soak. Set aside
- Spiralize zucchini. Set aside
- In food processor, combine parsley, garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper, sundried tomatoes, herbs and oil. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Add dates and blend until sauce is the consistency you prefer.
- Plate it up, pour on the sauce, drizzle it with a little oil, garnish with some herbs, and enjoy.
Flavor it a little more if you like. You can add more herbs and spices too. Don’t be afraid to experiment and give your raw marinara sauce a little more heat or more garlic if that’s how you want it. You can blanch the noodles if you want them warmer. You can also heat up the sauce in a high speed blender or in a double boiler. That way you can keep it raw, but sit down to a warm meal at the same time.